FACT: The secret to generating a consistent flow of dental leads leveraging Facebook ads is as simple as putting an irresistible offer in front of an effective funnel, using four unique targeting options.
HOW TO CREATE A POWERFUL LEAD MAGNET
The first thing that you will have to do in order to catch the attention of a prospect is to create an irresistible offer. In order to create an irresistible offer you will have to first decide WHO the offer is meant for.
I know, as a dentist you see a diverse demographic of people… However, in order to start generating consistent leads you will need to focus on targeting one specific segment of your potential audience at a time, and build an offer that is attractive to them.
The most effective (and sustainable) service you can offer to generate dental leads is a free teeth whitening session for new patients. You can then upsell them into a paid service such as a deep cleaning or cavity repair.
When you offer a low-end or free offer, it allows the prospect the opportunity to get to know you, and trust you. This will double the odds of retaining them as a loyal return customer.
The easiest segment of your audience to present this offer to is women who are 18 years old and up. Women who are brides-to-be, getting ready for homecoming or prom or have an anniversary coming up are often looking to get their teeth cleaned and whitened!
The great thing about advertising on Facebook is that you can target your ads based on these types of life events. Of course this offer will appeal to people you DON’T target, such as men or individuals who aren’t in the groups mentioned above as well.
Remember the idea is to focus on ONE audience segment (that has the ability for consistent lead flow) at a time. There are an infinite number of women who will be getting married or going to formal events making this a reliable targeting method for dental ads.
LET’S GET THE DENTAL FUNNEL SET UP
It’s time to push over the first domino and start the chain reaction. To get the leads flowing into your business, you must first set up a funnel.
It doesn’t have to be complicated or fancy to generate qualified leads. An effective funnel basically has four elements:
- A well targeted Facebook ad
- A landing page / optin page
- A thank you page
- A follow-up (email and phone call)
Each step of the funnel needs to flow seamlessly into the next and needs to be as easy as possible to navigate. Let’s walk through each step of an effective dental funnel, one at a time.
THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR FUNNEL
Hands down the ad is the most important element of your funnel. It must clearly catch the attention of the people you are targeting as well as entire them to click the ad with a great offer.
The most effective ad type to use for setting up a lead generation funnel for your practice is a “Consideration” ad that will send “Traffic” to your offer.
Once you have chosen your ad objective, then you need to select the targeting. This is where the segment of your audience you decided to target comes into play. Facebook will let you target based on several life events, behaviors and interests.
To attract local leads with the teeth whitening offer you will want to use the following four targeting options:
- Your City +25 miles
- Women 18-45
- Newly engaged (1 year)
- Anniversary in 31-60 Days
Once you have chosen your ad objective and established the targeting, then you need to set up your ad to attract the women that you targeted above who see it.
Keep in mind you are not trying to sell something to your audience in the ad. The objective is to get them to click your offer so that you can get them to sign up for your offer and be placed on your email list. Then, You can follow up with them to book appointments and offer other services.
- The Main Ad Copy – is very clear about who this ad is aimed. It states the offer clearly as well as a few reasons that they can use the offer to their advantage.
- The Ad Image – is an attractive, smiling young woman who the audience can make a connection with. (The eyes in the picture are key for this. I recommend Pixabay.com for great royalty free images.)
- The Ad Headline – clearly highlights the offer.
- The Ad Description – states terms and lets them know they need to sign up to claim the offer, matching the call-to-action button that says Sign Up.
- The URL – is easy to read, so the audience can find you online.
- The Call-to-Action Button – by choosing Sign Up, you are preparing the audience to enter more information once they click through.
Once the audience clicks through the ad, they need to land on a page where they can opt-in to your offer. This is how you will collect their email for your list.
OPT-IN FUNNEL PAGE
You DO… NOT… Want to use your current website for this. Your website has other distractions on it, a funnel is created to focus on ONE specific thing. Using a funnel will greatly increase your conversion rate.
I recommend using ClickFunnels to build your funnel. I will tell you this up front… It’s not the cheapest option out there, but it is the easiest to use, and the support is second to none. What use to take me weeks to accomplish, I can now do using ClickFunnel templates in less than an hour.
The other cool thing about using ClickFunnels is the fact you can get the funnel that I am about to show you right now absolutely free. At the end of this article I will provide you with a link to get it. It will automatically load up into your ClickFunnels account. All you will have to do is change out my sample information for your information.
Above is an example of a simple landing page that will effectively collect leads. There are two reasons why this setup is successful:
- The image and page text are consistent with the ad that lead them here. This is VERY important. When they land here it is imperative that it be exactly what they are expecting.
- The second reason this is effective is because we are asking for a minimal amount of information. You do know want the process to take more than a few minutes or feel like a prescreening process. A fast and painless experience is a great tone to set for a dental practice!
THE THANK YOU PAGE
After the patient enters their information on the landing page and clicks the “YES” button, they are added to your email list and redirected to a Thank You page. There are a few elements on this page that make it successful.
- The thank you page is a great place to create scarcity or a sense of urgency that the patient should quickly contact you to claim their offer instead of waiting to be contacted.
- This page should also have a call tracking phone number on it. At Twilio.com, you can set up a unique phone number that forward calls to your business to track the effectiveness of your ad campaign. You can also set it up to get text notifications on leads as they come in. This way you know exactly which leads are coming from Facebook.
- The thank you page also gives leads a chance to connect with you on social media. This is huge because “word-of-mouth” referrals are another strong source for leads.
By setting up your ad, landing page and thank you page by using the examples above, you position yourself to get immediate leads. However, the most important part of this process is following up with the leads and closing the deal.
SIDE NOTE: I am constantly split testing the opt-in page as well as the thank you page to increase conversions.
This is where a lot of dental practices drop the ball. This is the key to the entire funnel. The degree of which you follow up with your leads can make or break the entire funnel.
As a health professional, it is crucial that you make the new patient feel like they are more than just a number to you. You have to reach them on a personal level.
The first thing you need to do to effectively follow up with your leads, is set up an email in your autoresponder to go out immediately after they click the button on your landing page. This email should again thank them for signing up for your offer as well as repeat the tracking phone number from the thank you page.
I highly recommend using the professional version of ClickFunnels because it has a built in autoresponder, and in the long run will be cheaper than using a third party autoresponder. It will also allow you to easily setup your automations for your funnel as well as other things you will want to automate such as your newsletter.
The second step in following up with your leads is to make contact. You need to establish a routine for this. Dedicate time every day to call these potential new patients. It may take calling a few different times to actually get ahold of someone, but keep this in mind: If they took the time to fill out the form, they want to be contacted!
No matter what stage your dental practice is in, it is easy to set yourself up to bring in consistent leads. A simple four-part funnel with the unique four point targeting will have them pouring in week after week.
Don’t be obnoxious in your follow-up efforts, but do be thorough and professional. Once they opt-in you are relationship building. You have peaked their interest and earned their trust enough to get them to book their FREE session. It is then up to your dazzling dental skills to keep them coming back!